Scientific research council
The Scientific Research Council is tasked with promoting all scientific research activities related to the organisation's fields of operation. The term of office is from 1 March 2017 to 31 December 2018 and the council generally convenes once a year.
The invited members of the council who have accepted the invitation are:
- Marketta Sipi, Professor, Dean, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
- Matti Aho, Director General, Finnish Food Safety Authority
- Johanna Björkroth, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Katri Levonen, Senior Veterinary Officer, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Food Department
- Pia Mäkelä, Professor, Head of Reseach Unit, Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira
- Minna Nyström, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Mikko Peltonen, Research Director, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- Olli Peltoniemi, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Antti Sukura, Professor, Dean, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Suvi Virtanen, Research Professor, National Institute for Health and Welfare
- Johanna Buchert, Research Director, Natural Tesources Institute Finalnd
New members may be included in the council subject to a new decision.
The secretary for the council is Director of Scientific Research Paula Kinnunen tel. +358 50 468 1650