Scientific research council
The Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira’s Scientific Research Council is tasked with promoting all scientific research activities related to Evira's fields of operation. The term of office is from 1 March 2017 to 31 December 2018 and the council generally convenes once a year.
The invited members of the council who have accepted the invitation are:
- Marketta Sipi, Professor, Dean, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
- Matti Aho, Director General, Finnish Food Safety Authority
- Johanna Björkroth, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Katri Levonen, Senior Veterinary Officer, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Food Department
- Pia Mäkelä, Professor, Head of Reseach Unit, Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira
- Minna Nyström, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Mikko Peltonen, Research Director, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- Olli Peltoniemi, Professor, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Antti Sukura, Professor, Dean, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Suvi Virtanen, Research Professor, National Institute for Health and Welfare
- Mari Walls, Director General, Natural Resources Institute Finland
New members may be included in the council subject to a new decision.
The secretary for the council is Evira's Director of Scientific Research tel. +358 400 211 624