The Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira operates under the auspices of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry.
Evira cooperates with a number of Finnish and foreign government agencies.
Domestic partners in cooperation
The Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira engages in cooperation with the following Finnish organisations in the food safety sector. Additionally, we also collaborate with research institutions and universities, among others.
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry MMM
MAVI = Agency for Rural Affairs
LUKE = Natural Resources Institute Finland
ELY = Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment
AVI = Regional State Administrative Agencies
Local Finland - Contacts for Municipal health inspectors
Ministry of Social Affairs and Health STM
THL = National Institute for Health and Welfare
Fimea = Finnish Medicines Agency
Valvira = National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health
STUK = The Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority
International partners in cooperation
Evira collaborates with e.g. sister organisations in other countries, the European Food Safety Authority EFSA, the various agencies of the European Union as well as the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). Foreign universities and research institutions are also Evira's collaboration partners in the field of research.
- European Commission DG Health and Food Safety SANTE
- European Food Safety Authority EFSA
- European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organization EPPO
- World Organisation for Animal Health OIE
- Evira's scientific research project descriptions refer to foreign universities and research institutions, which are Evira's collaboration partners in the field of research.