Strategic objectives and Critical success factors
- High levels of food safety, animal health and plant health are maintained.
- Animal welfare is improved.
- The conditions for high-quality food production are secured and the productivity of agriculture and the food industry is growing.
- The farming, forestry and food industries adapt sustainably to climate change.
- The food supply chain responsibility for its operations is verifiable.
- Welfare is promoted by safe nutrition.
Critical success factors
- Consumers trust in the Finnish food supply chain and recognise messages from Evira.
- Evira is proactive and reliable producer of new knowledge and a solid partner in national and international networks.
- Risk forecasting and analysis are effective throughout the food supply chain.
- Citizens and operators in the food supply chain fulfil their responsibilities with respect to food safety and quality.
- Actions taken by authorities in the food supply chain are based on open dialogue and generate added value for consumers and operators within the chain.
- Official supervision is effective and risk-based.
- Crisis preparedness is high.
- Nutrition issues are handled as part of food safety.
- Evira’s personnel have a high level of expertise, enthusiasm and productivity.