Hygiene Passport Customer Service
Hygiene passport tests
You can contact the nearest proficiency examiner for information on the locations and dates of passport tests > List of proficiency examiners
Information about the hygiene passport and the proficiency test > www.evira.fi/en/foodstuff/hygiene-passport/
Information on the hygiene passport, hygiene proficiency, the proficiency test, proficiency examiners and food hygiene is available on Evira’s pages on hygiene passports. The page Frequently asked questions contains answers and information on the following:
- Who is required to have a hygiene passport?
- What is the hygiene passport like?
- How can i get a hygiene passport?
- Proof of identity for a proficiency test
- Ordering a replacement hygiene passport
- Validity of the hygiene passport
- Foreign hygiene passports and qualifications
- Cost of the hygiene passport
- Studies/training before the proficiency test
Customer Service: email and Service number
Customer Service number +358 29 530 0402 Tuesdays 9.00 - 12.00 am
Proficiency examiners should primarily contact Evira through the Question bank > www.kysymyspankki.fi
Questions related to e.g. handling, preparation, storage, transport and serving of food, or to storage temperatures, can be sent by email to Ruokahygienia@evira.fi
Municipal food control provides advice
Consumers and food sector operators can usually get answers best from the food control authorities of their own municipality. For example, suspected food poisonings, and notifications and applications regarding the opening or closing of a food establishment, or changes made in a food establishment, are handled by municipal veterinarians, and food and health inspectors. Complaints related to food sector operators are also dealt with by them. Any contacts to Evira regarding such matters are forwarded to the municipality in question. Contact information for municipalities can be found here.
Import and export of pets and horses: EU-countries, Norway and Switzerland
- Telephone helpline for import and export of pets and horses between EU-countries, Norway and Switzerland +358 29 530 0401.
Mon-Wed 9.00 - 11.00.
- Email helpdesk > firstname.lastname@example.org
NB! The telephone helpline is closed during weeks 31 and 32 (30.7.2018.-12.8.2018). In urgent matters, please contact your local official municipal veterinarian: https://www.evira.fi/globalassets/elaimet/elainlaakaripalvelut/kellit_31072017_korjattu.pdf (in Finnish)
Import and export of pets: Non-EU countries
Enquiries are replied by email
- Commercial import ( 6 animals or more, or animals travelling unaccompanied), questions related to pets >
- Questions related to animals travelling accompanied, not imported commercially or less than 6 animals > email@example.com
NB! As concerns export of live animals to non-EU countries, the exporter shall contact directly the Embassy or the authorities of the country of destination.
Import of food of animal origin
- Questions related to food of animal origin delivered to Finland from other EU Memeber States > firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions related to food of animal origin or living animals exported from Finland to countries outside EU >
Enquiries related to rabies antibody tests
Enquiries are replied by email
Enquiries related to rabies antibody tests > email@example.com
- We strive to send the results by post to the sender within two weeks after the receipt of the sample.
- The results of rabies antibody tests are not given over the telephone or by email.
Helpline to veterinarians:
Veterinarians can call about rabies antibody tests through Evira's telephone exchange Mon-Fri 12.00 - 14.00.