Feeds and feed business operators
The Chemical Food Safety Unit of Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira carries out inspections of feedingstuffs concerning manufacturing, marketing and import from Member States and from third countries, as well as inspections of quality control systems of feed operators.
Control of feeds is based on Regulation (EC) No 882/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council on official controls performed to ensure the verification of compliance with feed and food law, animal health and animal welfare rules. The Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council lays down the general principles governing food and feed safety at Community and national level.
Production, processing, use, storage and transport of raw materials of animal origin for feeds are regulated by Regulation (EC) No 1069/2009 laying down health rules as regards animal by-products and derived products not intended for human consumption. Regulation (EC) No 183/2005 of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down requirements for feed hygiene describes general rules on feed hygiene, conditions and arrangements ensuring traceability of feed and conditions and arrangements for registration and approval of establishments.
The Feed Act (No 86/2008) regulates manufacturing, transport, circulation, use, trade, storage and import and export of feeds in Finland. The Act on Veterinary Border Inspection (1192/1996) is applied for import of feed material of animal origin.
The Department of Food and Health of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry is responsible for legislation and general guidance of control.
Lists of approved and registered establishments
- List of approved feed businesses in Finland (Regulation (EC) No 183/2005 of the European Parliament and Council laying down requirements for feed hygiene (17.9.2018, pdf 122 kB)
- List of all registered feed business operators in Finland (pdf 1 199 kB )
- List of establishments authorised to manufacture feed containing fishmeal intended for food-producing animals (26.10.2017, pdf 83 kB)
- List of establishments authorised to manufacture feed containing blood products derived from non-ruminants and processed animal protein derived from pigs or poultry intended for fish (19.1.2018, pdf 94 kB)
- List of approved or registered ABP-plants according to Reg. N:o 1069/2009