Setting Up & Operating a Food Company
SETTING UP A MEAT ESTABLISHMENT
Would you like to set up a meat cutting plant or a plant producing minced meat or meat preparations? This page contains instructions on how to set up a meat establishment and how to run things properly with regard to hygiene and other regulations.
Take the online training course to learn how to set up a meat establishment in Finland
The training course in English is currently under preparation and will be published on this web site as soon as it is ready.
You can also read the instructions on setting up a meat establishment from our written guide
The content of the guide is identical to that of the online training course and is divided into several sections. If you are planning to set up a meat establishment, read the sections Setting up and Premises at first.
Below, you can view and print the entire guide or sections of it.
Sections of the guide:
- Introduction to the guide
- Section 1, Setting up: a summary of the information you will need to set up a meat establishment.
- Section 2, Premises: information on the requirements associated with appropriate premises.
- Section 3, Operations: requirements for running a meat establishment in Finland.
- Section 4, Staff: requirements regarding the personnel working in meat establishments.
- Section 5, Own-check plan: information on the required own-check activities. You can use this information to draw up the own-check plan for your meat establishment.
- Section 6, Terms: Some words are underlined in the text. You will find their explanations in Section 6.
Additional information and explanations of terms
Links to the additional information referred to in the guide and online training course are available here. Please note that, unfortunately, not all of the information has been translated.
Explanations for the terms underlined in the online training materials and guide can be found here.
Notice something missing or areas where the site could be improved?
When we publish something new on the site, would you like to hear about it?
- Subscribe to the e-mail list: email@example.com.
Do you want to share information about the site?