Pouttu Oy withdraws the following products from sale:
- Pouttu Kebablastu cuts, 300 g, use by date 2.3.13, producer Pouttu Oy
- Pirkka Kebablastu, 200 g, use by date 4.3.13, producer Pouttu Oy
- Pouttu XXL-kebab, 265 g, use by date 2.3.13, producer Pita Finland Oy
- Pouttu Pita Kebab, 185 g, use by date 2.3.13, producer Pita Finland Oy
- Pouttu Snadi Kebab, 120 g, use by date 2.3.13, producer Pita Finland Oy
The products have been on sale in retail chain stores in the whole country. The total amount of kebabs on the market is estimated to be ca. 1 500 kg and the total amount of kebab cuts about 4 000 kg.
The defective products can be returned to the store where originally purchased. For more information about product returns, please contact Pouttu's free (from within Finland) consumer service number +358 (0) 800 30 000, weekdays between 1 pm and 3 pm.
Horse meat is not hazardous to health.
More information: Pekka Kosonen, Managing Director, Pouttu Oy, tel. +358 (0) 40 043 1471, pekka.kosonen pouttu.fi.
The matter is at Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira handled by Head of Unit Arja Kaiponen, arja.kaiponen evira.fi, telephone +358 (0) 29530 4280.