IMPORT OF POTATO FROM NON-EU COUNTRIES
The import of potatoes from non-EU countries is mostly prohibited. However, both seed and food potatoes may be imported from Switzerland. Food potatoes may also be imported from Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Switzerland, Tunis and Turkey.
Importing potatoes from the aforementioned countries is subject to a phytosanitary certificate issued by the authorities of the export country. Import is only permitted via specified points of import. Potato batches are inspected upon import to Finland and the importer must be registered with Evira’s plant health register.
- Registration with the plant health register
- Phytosanitary Certificate
- Import inspections
- Prohibitions of import or marketing (in Finnish)
- Authorised points of entry
- Forms and instructions for importing plants
- Quarantine pests and diseases
- Plant health legislation
- Information for private persons
- Frequently asked questions
- Evira's Plant Health Unit contact information