IMPORT OF TIMBER FROM NON-EU COUNTRIES
Wood and timber meeting Finland’s import requirements may be imported from non-EU countries. Import requirements depend on the tree species, type of wood and region of origin. Imported shipments must not host harmful plant diseases or pests.
As concerns coniferous wood, a phytosanitary certificate is required for imports from all non-European countries and Russia, Kazakhstan or Turkey. As concerns hardwood, phytosanitary certificate requirements are specific to tree species and region of origin.
The import of wood shipments requiring a phytosanitary certificate is only permitted via certain points of entry. Such imports must be reported to plant health inspector. The importer must be registered with Evira’s plant health register.
- Registration with the plant health register
- Phytosanitary Certificate
- Import inspections
- Prohibitions of import or marketing (in Finnish)
- Authorised points of entry
- Forms and instructions for importing plants
- Quarantine pests and diseases
- Plant health legislation
- Information for private persons
- Frequently asked questions
- Evira's Plant Health Unit contact information