Frequently asked questions

1. I would like to import organic fertiliser of animal origin from another EU country. What am I required to do?

The entrepreneur has to supply a notice of initiation to the Section for Fertiliser Products and register as an importer of fertiliser products with the registry kept by the Animal Health and Welfare Unit. An advance notice about the import has to be supplied at least 3 working days beforehand. An official certificate regarding the cadmium content of the product, a health certificate and a certificate of treatment in an approved establishment have to accompany the advance notice as attachments. (Act on Fertiliser Products 539/2006, sections 11 and 21, Decree of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry 977/2006, section 12).